Welp, our internet has been down all week, which means that my Pinterfast has been easier than ever (yay!) but that I wasn’t able to watch Downton Abbey online last night (waaah!). Also, blogging is rather difficult without the internet, so it’s been a quiet week on TorieandTristan.com.
I never really set out to post my favorite links each and every Friday, though that seems to be a huge blogger trend. Instead I just post links when I have enough material. Thus, here are my fave links from the last few weeks:
- First of all, GO SEAHAWKS! How cute is Julia of Society Grl in this XS men’s letterman jacket sporting her Seahawks pride? Given how frigid it is during football season in Seattle (and in NJ for the Superbowl!), this type of coat might be a worthwhile investment :). Available here ($139).
- I’ve found the next iteration of the “cutest home tour ever” since this one back in October. Kourtney Kardashian… who would’ve thought!? Tour here. LOVING. #love.
- No one would accuse me of being outdoorsy and/or into winter sports – I think we’ve talked about this – but I looooooove this coat. Makes me want to actually – gasp! – be active. But at $1,748 a pop, I think I’m safe.
- It’s been like 12 years since I’ve posted a DIY manicure (I have two in the hopper), and these ideas from Daily Candy are totally inspiring me.
- Fallen into a rut with your winter wardrobe? Here are two ideas for you: West Coast (i.e., not snowy) and East Coast from Classy in the City.
- Food trend alert for 2014: Low Tea. As the article states, you can blame Downton Abbey for this one. It got me thinking about having Low Tea in my own home, but instead of tea, serve wine. Perhaps instead of a salad, I could serve an appetizer course of cheese and vegetables (tapas style) and we could eat smaller dinners consisting mainly of the protein. Eating an appetizer followed by a smaller dinner portion would help with metabolism, and a glass of wine at 5 p.m. would help me maintain a pleasant disposition as I cook the main course. Win win! What do you think?!
Have a happy Monday!